Sunday, February 10, 2013

My new love - Greek Yogurt


Have you wondered what all the buzz is about greek yogurt?

I was wondering the same so I tried it a few times and loved its creaminess. But the best part about greek yogurt as I found out eventually is that since it is made by removing water from regular yogurt it is more densely packed with nutrients - which means lots of protein per serving! AND lots of fat. Which is why it is all the more important that you choose non-fat greek yogurt.
In 226g of this creamy goodness there is 23g of protein (daily requirement for women is 40-50g) which is twice that of regular yogurt. There, you have a healthy and great tasting vegetarian protein source.

Now I almost always buy greek yogurt instead of regular.
It is very versatile and can be used in dips and instead of sour cream as a topping. Even as a creamy dessert. Stay tuned for more recipes with greek yogurt!




2 comments:

  1. Greek yogurt has become my favorite too. We have been finishing off our dinner with greek yogurt shrikhand desert every now and then. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried it too and it was good :) thanks for the tip. I loaded it with elaichi and kesar. Though I realized that greek yogurt differs vastly from brand to brand. I should try it with Fage next time, I'm sure it'll be as good as the real shrikhand.

    ReplyDelete